GCDB: Windows 2000 Server
This document is for guidance only. You are responsible for all liability,
please double check instructions (maybe read them too) and make sure backups
made before you begin.
NOTE: This installation does not use SSL (Secure socket layer) for transactions.
It is recommended that this only be used on a private network or be configured
with limited access. (See Apache+SSL Win32
HOWTO to enable SSL support for Apache.)
webserver : apache_1.3.20-win32-src-r2.msi
This package has an install script and will install Apache as a service.
-- ZIP extraction tool : winzip80.exe
Needed to unpack PHP and MySQL.
- PHP for Apache : php.zip
Unpack PHP in a empty temporary directory and follow installation instructions.
- MySQL : mysql-3.23.38-win.zip
Unpack in an empty directory. A setup program is provided.
- Apache: Clicking on the MSI file is like installing from a SETUP.EXE file.
It will prompt for a few pieces of information and happily install the system
for you and start things up.
- Install WinZIP if you have NOT done so already.
- Unpack php.zip into C:\PHP, this will save a step or two.
- Read: install
- Stop the apache webserver. (Start:Programs:Apache httpd Server:Control
- Edit httpd.conf. (Start:Programs:Apache httpd Server:Configure Apache
# for the apache module
LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
#for the cgi binary (you can use that one compiled with force cgi redirect
ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php/"
Action application/x-httpd-php4 "/php4/php.exe"
AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php
Find where it uses index.html for the default file for web pages and add
index.php to the list.
- Move C:\PHP\php4ts.dll to C:\WINNT\system32.
- Move C:\PHP\php.ini-dist to C:\WINNT\php.ini
- Edit the php.ini to your needs.
- Restart apache (Start:Programs:Apache httpd Server:Control
Apache Server:start) and test a php script.
- Unpack in a temporary directory
- Run SETUP.EXE; Install to C:\MYSQL
- Read: C:\MYSQL\ReadMe
- Run: C:\MYSQL\BIN\WINMYSQLADMIN (Also an icon in Windows)
- Create gcdb database
- Run: C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLMANAGER (Also an icon in Windows)
- Create a user and password (null passwords do not work)
- use users;
- GRANT ALL PRIVELEGES ON *.* TO username@localhost identified by 'password'
with GRANT OPTION;
- use gcdb;
- Enter and populate each table. Field names in the tables are
case-sensitive. If you do not make them exactly as seen in raw-dump.sql,
your asking for a heap of trouble.